Eremid® is seeking a motivated candidate to fill a vacancy in our Genomics Laboratory. The successful candidate will actively participate in the daily operational activities of Eremid® Genomics Laboratory, operating several platforms (Illumina, PacBio, Nanopore, 10X, NanoString) and conducting experiments under direction of the Genomics Laboratory Group Leader. The position requires extensive hands-on expertise in molecular biology techniques with a focus in next generation sequencing (NGS) technology; these include hardware skills (operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting) as well as software skills (laboratory instrument operating systems, laboratory information management systems). While experience in these technological platforms will be an advantage, the successful applicant will be given onsite training to ensure their success.
Eremid® is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) service provider located at the North Carolina Research Campus, Kannapolis, North Carolina.
Job duties include, but are not limited to
- Conducting lab experiments including RNA and DNA sample preparation, sample quality control assessment and NGS library preparation and sequencing
- Collaboration in the design, execution and interpretation of projects involving genotyping, gene expression and epigenetics
- Assisting in the preparation of documents such as scopes of work and technical reports, as well as in experimental cost calculations
- Participating in scientific discussions to design projects, troubleshoot and providing training to other members of the laboratory
- Interacting with vendors and identifying new solutions that may improve quality and efficiency
- Contributing to the management of the laboratory consumables and equipment
- Keeping abreast of scientific advances and new technologies
- MS with > 2 years or BS with > 4 years of experience in genomics or a related field with a focus in molecular biology
- Strong experience in RNA and DNA manipulation
- Expertise in NGS platform, including library preparation
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work with others in a collegial atmosphere
- Excellent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting and data analysis
- Detail-oriented and organized with experience managing large datasets and interacting with software tools
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion in a service-oriented research environment
- Expertise with Oxford Nanopore Technology is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
If hired by Eremid®, I understand that I will be required to provide genuine documentation establishing my identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States by Eremid®. I also understand that Eremid® employs only individuals who are legally eligible to work in the United States.