Eremid™ Research Services, Inc./DHMRI is seeking a motivated candidate to fill a vacancy in our Genomics Laboratory. The successful candidate will actively participate in the daily operational activities of the Eremid/DHMRI Genomics Laboratory, operating several platforms (Illumina, PacBio Sequel, 10X Chromium, NanoString, iScan) and conducting experiments under direction of the Eremid/DHMRI Genomics Laboratory Group Leader. The position requires extensive hands-on expertise in molecular biology techniques with a focus in next generation sequencing (NGS) technology; these include hardware skills (operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting) as well as software skills (laboratory instrument operating systems, laboratory information management systems). While experience in these technological platforms will be an advantage, the successful applicant will be given intensive onsite training to ensure their success.
Eremid/DHMRI is a non-profit service provider (CRO) which offers a multi-omic approach to both academic and commercial clients and is located at the North Carolina Research Campus, Kannapolis, North Carolina.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducting lab experiments including RNA and DNA sample preparation, sample quality control assessment and NGS library preparation
- Collaboration in the design, execution and interpretation of projects involving genotyping, gene expression and epigenetics
- Assisting in the preparation of documents such as scopes of work and technical reports, as well as in experimental cost calculations
- Participating in scientific discussions and providing training to other members of the laboratory
- Keeping abreast of scientific advances and new technologies
- Interacting with vendors and identifying new solutions that may improve quality and efficiency
- Managing research assistant personnel during project completion
- BS or MS with a minimum of four years of experience in genomics or a related field with a focus on molecular biology or genetics
- Previous experience in a CRO environment is a plus
- Strong molecular biology experience in RNA and DNA manipulation and NGS (Illumina, PacBio and 10X Chromium)
- Experienced in mammalian cell and tissue culture
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work with others in a collegial atmosphere and the desire to work in this service-oriented research environment
- Excellent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting and data analysis
- Experience managing large datasets and interacting with software tools
- Detail-oriented and organized, with a strong initiative and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
If hired by Eremid/DHMRI, I understand that I will be required to provide genuine documentation establishing my identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States by Eremid/DHMRI. I also understand that the Eremid/DHMRI employs only individuals who are legally eligible to work in the United States.