Eremid® Research Services/DHMRI is seeking a motivated candidate to fill a Senior Scientist position in our Metabolomics & NMR Group. Major responsibilities will include supporting the analytical facility operations and applying expertise in analytical chemistry to support our research projects. The successful candidate will develop custom, quantitative methodology and perform targeted and untargeted analyses for projects in the metabolomics and NMR department. The laboratory contains a range of mass spectrometry platforms and Bruker NMR spectrometers. The position will report to the Group Leader of Metabolomics & NMR.
Eremid/DHMRI specializes in analytical service offerings to support agriculture, nutrition and life science research. We offer a multi-omics approach to both academic and commercial clients. Eremid/DHMRI is located on the North Carolina Research campus, about a 20-minute drive from Charlotte, North Carolina in Kannapolis.
- Lead development, validation and optimization of analytical methodology
- Perform sample preparation, data acquisition, and analysis using a variety of software
- Work closely with laboratory staff on research efforts in a service-oriented environment
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on expertise
- Engage with instrument vendors for technical support
- Experience and solid understanding of analytical techniques, especially Mass Spectrometry
- Expertise in analytical chemistry, including sample extraction, method development, quality assurance, and data analysis
- Experience performing analytical research in bioscience, health, or nutrition related field
- Experience in a range of data processing and analysis tools and software.
- Experience in maintenance and life cycle management of analytical instrumentation
- Track record of scientific contributions including publications or presentations
- Track record in LCMS, GCMS and/or ICP-MS method development
- Experience in statistics
- Experience in management of junior staff or students
- Experience with mass spectrometry platforms AB Sciex, Agilent, Waters and Thermo.
- Experience performing NMR data acquisition and analysis
Competencies and personal skills
- Capacity and motivation to independently learn new technical skills
- Organized, logical thinker with ability to troubleshoot, interpret data, and draw valid conclusions
- A high level of learning agility, flexibility and an adaptable approach to goal delivery
- Capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Ph.D. or MSc + relevant experience, in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related Life Sciences area
Eremid/DHMRI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following: health, vision and dental, disability, FSA, life insurance coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
If hired by Eremid/DHMRI, I understand that I will be required to provide genuine documentation establishing my identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States by the Eremid/DHMRI. I also understand that Eremid/DHMRI employs only individuals who are legally eligible to work in the United States.