Eremid® Research Services/DHMRI is seeking a motivated candidate to fill a Staff Scientist position in our Metabolomics & NMR Group. Major responsibilities will include supporting the analytical facility operations and applying expertise in analytical chemistry to support our research projects. The successful candidate will develop custom, quantitative methodology and perform targeted and untargeted analyses for projects in the metabolomics and NMR department. The laboratory contains a range of mass spectrometry platforms and Bruker NMR spectrometers. The position will report to the Group Leader of Metabolomics & NMR.
Eremid/DHMRI specializes in analytical service offerings to support agriculture, nutrition and life science research. We offer a multi-omics approach to both academic and commercial clients. Eremid/DHMRI is located on the North Carolina Research campus, about a 20-minute drive from Charlotte, North Carolina in Kannapolis.
- Develop and optimize analytical methodology, by mass spectrometry and NMR
- Perform sample preparation, data acquisition, and analysis using a variety of software
- Collaboration in the design and execution of research projects in a contract research environment
- Prior hands-on experience with analytical techniques, especially Mass Spectrometry
- Prior hands-on experience with sample extraction, method development, and data analysis in bioscience, health, or nutrition related field
- Experience in management of laboratory records, including quality documentation
- Experience in instrument troubleshooting & maintenance
- Hands-on experience in LCMS, GCMS and/or ICP-MS method development
- Experience in writing procedures and SOPs
- Experience in management of laboratory equipment, libraries and inventory
- Experience in statistics
- Experience with mass spectrometry platforms AB Sciex, Agilent, Waters and Thermo
- Experience performing NMR data acquisition and analysis
Competencies and personal skills
- Capacity and motivation to learn new technical skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and adaptable approach to goal delivery
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience multitasking and working on multiple studies
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. + relevant experience, in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related Life Sciences area
Eremid/DHMRI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following: health, vision and dental, disability, FSA, life insurance coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
If hired by Eremid/DHMRI, I understand that I will be required to provide genuine documentation establishing my identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States by the Eremid/DHMRI. I also understand that Eremid/DHMRI employs only individuals who are legally eligible to work in the United States.